ITSbyLP Mint Shift Dress

By | 12:50 Leave a Comment
It's been a while but if I'm entirely honest i've enjoyed being able to slob around in my PJ's for the past few days!
I finally (after annoyances with the Post Office) received my In the Style dress from the Lauren Pope range. I originally went onto the site (http://www.inthestyle.co.uk/) because of a discount that they were running through IG and saw the mint shift which I instantly loved.
The dress is a gorgeous colour it's the perfect summer hue with a tan, and i've seen some bloggers looking absoloutely gorgeous in it, however, it's not for me :(
I was a bit shocked at the feel of the fabric at first (the only way I can describe it is like crepe paper) it just really wasn't what I was expecting! And then, I tried it on.
It got stuck at first going over my chest which is a problem I am used to so I soldiered on but it ended up being a tight squeeze! I checked the size label just for peace of mind, and it just said 'L' -arge when the website offers specific sizes. I checked all the 14 measurements and my own and it all matched up/ there should have been more room. It's a real shame :
Pros:
- Beautiful colour
- Nice length 
- Unusual fabric
- Not budget blowing!
Cons:
- Sizing didn't match up.
- Too restrictive 
- VERY see through!
This would (and does) look good on smaller frames, which is something I find myself saying a lot! It's just a shame as it could have so much potential :( Here are some pics to illustrate what I mean (this was a 2nd try on, after a pizza, so bear that in mind haha)

0 comments:

Post a Comment