Why Benefit's 'They're Real' Products changed my life!

By | 16:10 Leave a Comment
For a large portion of my life I have had a problem with my eyelashes. I used to have lovely lashes like normal people, but then I developed Trichotillomania.
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/trichotillomania/Pages/introduction.aspx
I began pulling out my eyelashes to the point where I had next to none left and they didn't grow back for a long time. I felt horrible that I did it to myself and felt awful unless I wore mascara (Which when you have nothing to put it on, is REALLY hard FYI.)
After a little while they slowly began coming back, but even wearing mascara, I didn't feel right and no mascara seemed able to falsify anything in the lash department for me. This is what I tended to look like:

I saw recently on Instagram the new Benefit 'They're Real' range and everyone was raving about it. I'm not normally one to go with the hype but I was curious, I've always been a Benefit girl and had gone through a hardcore phase (before the pulling out) of wearing Bad Gal. As I was headed to America on holiday I decided that I'd go ahead and give it a try...





AND I'M SO GLAD I DID!!! LOOK!

I'm not usually one to coat on the mascara, I like to be able to open my eyes if I'm honest, and I stay true to that with this mascara.
It is so easy to wiggle on, and I actually seem to have eyelashes now! They look noticeably longer and fuller and thicker and give the illusion of 'natural' falsies. I am in love.
I feel SO much more confident about my eyes lately and it sounds really cheesy but it is because of this mascara, it's CRAZY! Also i've definitely been having less of an urge to pull them out which tbh is amazeballs. <3 you Benefit.


I also bought the push-up liner from the range as I needed a new one and I have never found one that I get on with really well, so again I thought i'd see how it went. Totally LOVED it. 

 I found it tricky to get to grips with at first and kept just blobbing gel on my eyes which wasn't fun, but after a few practices I think I've got it!
The angle makes it super easy to follow the shape of your eye and it gives a consistent coverage as you go. 
I don't do 'barely there' liner and this is perfect for that as it's bold and dramatic. Creating flicks and wings are super easy too as you just angle the nib and go. 
 (Also used LOADS of my mascara here as I was going out...I felt like I was wearing falsies!)

Overall Benefit have made me the happiest girl in the world recently and I've definitely stepped up my make-up game haha. I've already asked for more as a Christmas pressie :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment